After a trial period this summer, when 51 campsites in Voyageurs National Park were available for reservation, the National Park Service has announced the next phases of the new system will continue as planned.
The following information was provided in a recent announcement:
Low-Use Season starts September 16
Runs September 16 through May 14 each year
- All visitors who wish to tent camp within Voyageurs National Park during the Low Use Season will need a reservation with www.recreation.gov.
- Reservations will go live starting 10:00 am EST on September 16, 2014.
- There will be a $10.00 service charge to www.recreation.gov for making a reservation but no charge for tent camping.
High-Use Season reservations available November 15
Permits for May 15 through September 15, 2015
- All visitors who wish to tent camp within Voyageurs National Park during the High Use Season in 2015 (May 15 through September 15) will be able to start making reservations.
- Reservation will go live starting 10:00 am EST on November 15, 2014.
- The fee structure will be the same in 2015 as it was in 2014 for tent campsites.
Visitors may make reservations by going online at www.recreation.gov or by calling the National Call Center at 877-444-6777. Ask for “permits and wilderness,” not “camping” on the phone, or select the “Permits & Wilderness” tab online.